Friday, July 23, 2021

2021-2022 Homeschool Goals

 I have 3 main homeschool goals for this year.

1. Incorporate Read-a-loud books.

2. Plan arts/crafts weekly.

3. Play on the floor with all 3 kids.

At first glance these do not seem like"school"goals and for a typical school they are not. However for a homeschool mom who tends to get caught up in the academics and loses sight of the time spent with my kids these are the goals I need.

This will be my first year of not working full time while homeschooling and I want to be a good steward of the time and children God has blessed me with. 

When I was on maternity leave earlier this year I started reading a few chapter books to the kids and I was surprised with how well they listened. I've always stuck with picture books that I thought was the only way to keep their attention. I have somewhat of a plan of how I'm going to do this but its a work in progress. If you have any practical suggestions of fitting this in daily I would love to hear.

Sam has always loved doing creative things and I have not. This year I splurged and bought a book with creative arts and crafts projects then I went to Walmart and bought every supply that would be needed. My plan is on Sunday's when I plan out our week to have Sam look through the book and pick a project that we will do on Friday's. 

I recently listened to another homeschool mom talk about the joy she has found in getting on the floor and playing with her kids. It hit me hard! I don't naturally like playing on the floor with the kids. I tested it out this week with Westley and the pure joy on his face when I sat down and started playing with him was all I needed.



I have a tendency to set too high of expectations then crash and burn but these goals feel attainable. I'm so excited for this year and to be doing it without worrying about work is truly a dream come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment