Thursday, April 21, 2016

Organizing Ideas!

Let's talk about one of my favorite things to do....Organize!

Our dilemma is we live in a 2 bed, 1 bath, 950 sq foot (no garage, very small attic) town home.  I.e. Little to no extra storage space:(

Every few months both Howie and I get in the mood to go through things, throw stuff out, and reorganize!  I've been on Pinterest the last week trying to get some new ideas for small spaces.  And unfortunately I didn't take before pictures but here are some after pictures.


Our goal here was getting stuff off the floor.  The three buckets on the bottom shelf were on the floor along with the broom and swiffer.  And the apron hook is new too.  This should work out really well because it means Howie won't need to move anything except the table to get the motorcycle through the house.  


There's more to this than meets the eye, I cleared off the top of the refrigerator but that entailed going through the cabinets to make more room (it's a never ending cycle!)


This was my favorite thing to go through, I've been wanting to for so long!  First I used an idea off of Pinterest which was to fold matching sheets/pillowcases and store them in one of the pillowcases.  You can't really tell in the picture but that's what's on the top shelf.  Next I folded and sorted all the towels, hand towels, wash clothes etc.  The last thing was to sort through all the random stuff that was piled on the floor.  So I used some baskets from Sam's room that weren't  being used and put Kona's stuff in one, and our different overstock things in the other two.  At work when there's a really good deal on toothpaste, body wash etc I try to stock up so we never have to pay full price for those things, the trade off being it takes up valuable space.


The last thing we tackled was the bathroom.  Our main issue is the only storage space there is a medicine cabinet, when we first moved in we bought this extra storage cabinet.  It works really well but it had gotten extremely messy!  There were so many bottles on the the very top it was ridiculous.  So we went through everything and threw a lot away!  I also wanted to try hanging stuff on the wall for even more space, not sure if I really like how the mirror and hairbrush look but we'll see.

Our last couple of projects include both of our bedrooms and the bar in the kitchen.  Hopefully we stay motivated to get it all done!

Any other ideas for small spaces?? Let me know!







No comments:

Post a Comment