Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Samantha's 3 1/2 Year update

I'm way overdue for an update on Sam!  I cannot believe how big she is getting, she's in the 85th percentile for weight and 80th percentile in height.  She's very energetic and outgoing.  Constantly asking if she can go to school.  I finally signed her up for a free trial tumbling class and she loved it!  We are planning to start her next month, it's only once a week and the price is very reasonable.

Sleep wise, we put her to bed at 8 pm most nights but she's usually not asleep until 8:30 or 9.  It's a constant revolving door of I'm thirsty, I'm hungry, I have to go potty, I'm scared, I want you to sleep with me, I need this toy, etc.  She wakes up around 7-8 am most mornings and Howie gets up with her while I wait for Westley to wake up.  She stopped napping the day after her 3rd birthday when we took away for pacifier.  I really miss her napping!  She'll take a rare one every so often if she's really tired.

I've gotten off track doing tot school with her since being pregnant/having Westley but she can sing her ABC's, count to 15, knows colors, and most shapes.  The last few days I've been doing little letter tracing worksheets in the mornings since she's constantly asking to do "real school".  She enjoys doing crafts and helping in the kitchen.




About 4 months ago she became fully potty trained.  She had been going pee for quite awhile but #2 was a different story until one day it just clicked and she's been in underwear ever since even at night.  I've been really surprised that she's only had maybe 2 accidents at night.  She insisted on wearing underwear at night once everything clicked.  

Sam has adjusted so well to being a big sister, we haven't really had any jealousy issues.  She's definitely been pushing boundaries to see how far she can get but that seems pretty normal for her age.  We are really pushing her to "listen the first time".  She usually loves to "help" with baby brother and likes to hold him and take pictures with him.  A few times we have caught her trying to pick him up!

Here are some pics from the last few months!  

Sam loved getting to swim more this summer.


She loves all her cousins, both the Florida ones and Missouri ones.

This one is so sweet.

I can really tell she looks like me in this one.

Always a daddy's girl.


She put all the ornaments on the tree this year.







No comments:

Post a Comment