Monday, January 9, 2017

2 1/2 years old!

Sam turned 2 1/2 on December 29th:)
She now weighs about 30 pounds and is 36 inches tall.  Her teeth have finally almost all finished coming in, only 3 left!  

 

Turns out Sam is about the opposite of both Howie and I in that she is definitely a social butterfly!  She loves being around other kids (especially her cousins, she's obsessed with them!).  In the last update I mentioned taking her to storytime, we still do that and she really enjoys it.  When my mom and niece came to visit last week, Sam insisted on doing storytime at home, she pulled a chair out and stood on it with a book demanding that everyone sit on the floor for storytime.  She can definitely be bossy, trying to rein that in though.

 

 


Another thing that has been a big change is her vocabulary!  She says full sentences, although usually just Howie and I can understand what she's saying.  Her newest is to say "I don't want to ....!"  I've found that I was underestimating what she could say/learn.  I was shocked when she was able to memorize her memory verse from Sunday school even though it was just 3 words.  That's also something I plan to incorporate more when I start Tot school back up with her.

Its so heartwarming to see how she prays now.  She used to just fold her hands and then after we prayed she would say amen.  Now she says "Thank you God for Harley, Ri Ri, and Sassy" (her cousins).  Sometimes she'll add in food and other people but without fail everytime she says those 3 first.  

She also was in the Christmas Program at church.  One of the older girls sat on the stage with her to keep her from running off and she had a line at the very end she said,"I love you Jesus!"  

 

 

Our biggest issue lately has been sleep!  For the last two weeks she's woken up anytime between 5:30 and 6:30 in the morning.  She used to sleep until at least 8 or we thought she was anyway.  She's just recently learned how to open doors so when she gets up she goes and turns on all the lights in the house and then comes into our room telling us to get up.  Needless to say Howie and I have been exhausted lately!  Especially since 2-3 nights a week I don't even get home from work until 9:15 so going to bed early doesn't usually work out:(

 

How do you deal with your little ones sleep regressions??

No comments:

Post a Comment