Friday, January 20, 2017

Reflections on the last 2 weeks

When I decided to post every day (M-F) for 3 weeks I was really wanting to challenge myself to see if I could come up with that much content and if it would be quality stuff to read and write.  At the end of week 2 I can see that while I may be able to write every day it's not all created equally.  I discovered I really like writing about financial issues (I already have 3 or 4 more ideas) and it appears people like reading that as well.  I also discovered that writing about food and fitness is not something I particularly enjoy and while I will finish my posts about the 21 day fix, some of the other stuff won't be making another appearance.  Of course I'll always enjoy writing about Sam and mom life stuff so that won't be going anywhere:).    

A little on my finance background.  When I initially chose Finance as my major I had wanted to turn it into a career as a financial advisor.  However, the further along in my schooling I got it became apparent, that profession makes their money off of selling life insurance (for the most part) and I'm not a salesperson.  I really wanted to help people with financial decisions, goals, budgeting, etc.  I'm hopeful that maybe I can do a little of that with this blog.  Still praying about what that would entail specifically and if that's where the Lord is guiding me.  

Starting next week my goal will be to post around 2-3 times a week and hopefully it will be better content.  Quality over quantity is my goal.  I really do appreciate everyone who takes the time to read these, thanks for your support!  I hope everyone will enjoy the slightly new direction.

I love adding random pictures😉
 


No comments:

Post a Comment