Thursday, January 12, 2017

Baked Chicken Caprese

To be completely transparent on here I am not a great cook.  I have a few dishes I cook well and I love to bake but Howie is the main (better) cook in our family.  However I was able to cook this dinner all by myself😉.  I found a basic recipe for an easy baked chicken caprese and a Parmesan crusted zucchini.

 

For the chicken I put 4 pieces of chicken breasts in a casserole dish, seasoned with pepper and sprayed olive oil on it, added sliced Roma tomatoes, a leaf of basil and some shredded mozzarella cheese to each one.  As you can see in the picture the cheese got a little too done, if I were to make it again I would add the cheese a little bit later.  I baked it for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

 

For the zucchini I mixed together 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of dry basil, and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.  I sprayed olive oil on them as well and then sprinkled the above mixture on it.  Baked at 350 for 15 minutes then broiled for 3 minutes to get a little crispy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment