Wednesday, January 11, 2017

What I ate Wednesday


Today was my first official day on the 21 day fix.  For breakfast I tried the shakeology, I mixed it in the blender with a little ice, a cup of 1% milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.  This was one of the recommended recipes that came with the shakelogy and it was ok but the cinnamon was a bit too strong and I pretty much had to chug it.  I also had 1 scrambled egg with a little picante sauce.
 

I didn't have a morning snack since I'm usually not hungry until lunch and for lunch I had a turkey sandwich with cheese, lettuce and mustard on whole wheat bread with a piece of celery and some peanut butter.  I'm assuming that 2 pieces of bread is my two yellow (carb) containers.  Sandwiches are a staple in our house, that's where my carbs will be each day!
As you can see I like to use fine china😂


I had a banana and a Spark at work for my afternoon snack and then for dinner I had packed everything up in my containers but I forgot to take a picture before I put my salad all together.  It was leftover grilled chicken with a blue container (healthy fats) of mozzarella shredded cheese and for a dressing I used a Greek yogurt ranch dip that I had on hand because I hadn't thought of seeing what kind of dressings they recommended.  It was actually really good but that could just be because I was so hungry!  I also had some cantaloupe.

 

I've already got our dinners planned for the rest of the week, I have a feeling the tough part will be packing lunches/dinners for work.  

What's your favorite meal to take to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment